Monday, July 25, 2016

Why I Tri

In the early hours of the morning on the treadmill or the bike trainer, inevitably the question that sneaks into my mind is “Why am I doing this?” I started triathlon for various reasons, none of which seemed to hold up in the tougher moments of training and racing. After my last race as I was thinking about what I wanted to do next, I came to the realization that I do it for the reason that is shown in this video: I "tri" to attempt to prepare my mind, body, and spirit for the rough times that will come in life. Training, while at the same time trying to be the best mom, wife, and coworker I can be, pushes me to my limits where I have to have focus and faith.
I feel so blessed that I get to do this life preparation while having fun, getting fit, and hanging out with a community of some of the most supportive people I know.



No comments:

Post a Comment