Sunday, July 24, 2016

Why I Support Little Helping Hands


When we moved to Texas almost five years ago, I was thrilled to learn that there was an organization a short distance away in Austin focused on family volunteering, as I had a budding dream of starting a family volunteering organization myself.  When I had the opportunity to meet Marissa Vogel, the founder and Executive Director, I was even more excited.  She not only had the passion, heart, and drive necessary to run a non-profit, but she also had a great business sense that I knew would help Little Helping Hands to succeed.  Little Helping Hands runs volunteering projects for youth ages 3 and up almost every day of the week, year round.  (This month, they are conducting over 80 projects!)   For older children and teens, they offer educational and leadership programs to help them reach toward their vision of “developing generations of community-minded leaders and citizens.”  You can learn more here and here.  Someday, maybe my budding dream will become a reality and we can bring what Little Helping Hands offers to our area.


No comments:

Post a Comment