Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Looking up


This quote struck me today.  As I read it, I wondered if I instead of looking around me or looking at the summit on this journey, I've instead just been looking down at the path.  New work opportunities and challenges have stretched me in ways that have been mentally, emotionally, and physically draining.  Although I've gained valuable experience, my desire to exert effort to "become my best" through this project has waned.  Both training and my efforts to spread the word about the work of Little Helping Hands and Doing Good Together have suffered.

I guess it's all part of the journey and have faith that my energy will come back after some much needed rest.  I look forward to the time in the near future when I not only am able to move forward effectively on this journey but also enjoy the vantage points and the occasional glances at the IRONMAN Texas summit.

No comments:

Post a Comment